Friday, March 18, 2011

Turn the Page

We turn the page of a book or a magazine when we have skimmed through it...when we have read and absorbed everything we need to get out of it or at times we turn the page when we don't like what we read and we just want to skip that page.  We also turn the pages of our life story.  Certain stages in our life leads us to turn the page and go on to the next chapter of life.  It may be turning the pages of being single and moving to the next level- married life.  Having kids for the first time is another page-turner as we leave the me-myself-I attitude and nurture the precious baby in our arms.  But for my family, turning the page means moving out of the not-so-big-house and doing it on our own.

The original plan was to move all the way to Quezon City and stay in my mother in-law's newly built house, with my mother-in-law :) But after much prayer and counseling, we decided to be independent and rent our own place.  As much we want to build our own home, we believe this is not the year God wants us to do so.  Renting our own place would just be a stepping stone for our family and we believe that this would not be permanent.  God will allow us to build in his perfect time.  Stepping out in faith is what we are doing.  We want to obey what God says in his word that when a man marries, he leaves his family and clings to his wife.  We have clung to my parents for quite a while and this time we have to let go and clung to each other.  I know there will be a lot of changes especially on my part, because I will be doing it all by myself.  But I know God will give me the grace to make it through every day.

We are but a few days away from the move and I can't seem to get myself packing.  I think I am having separation issues :) This house has been my refuge, though at times in the past, I wished I was out this hell-hole (is what i would call it then).   It's not that we are moving far far away, our new house is still within the village but I feel it's so far away (its the drama queen talking now).  So to break the separation-anxiety/laziness syndrome, I picked up a box and started packing the kids' things.  I called them to help me pack and our eldest says he is excited to move.  Though he would be missing Lolo's house but he is looking forward to our new home--with stairs.  Kids just love the stairs!  So maybe I should take the cue from them.  I should be excited and besides it's just 15 minutes away from our old house.

2 comments:

  1. don't worry, as long as you know that you are following the will of the Lord as stated in His word, He shall provide for all your needs. this is a huge step :) and I salute you for taking that bold step! carry on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, i just dont mind. its just sad that even your own family sometimes don't approve but as our consultant says, the decision is between me and my husband :)

    ReplyDelete